Friday, October 8, 2010

Ondoy No More: Thunderbird Resort

After conquering Mt. Makiling on my first (trail) run (UPLB Biodiversity Run 2010), here I am again on my second run; but this time it’s a run for a cause for last year’s Ondoy victims and to celebrate its 1st year anniversary.


We (MinnieRunner, RunningAtom, and Irish) went to Thuderbird Resort, Rizal thru a free bus ride provided by the event organizers at TriNoma around 4:30am. We had Ham and Egg sandwich and a hot chocolate from Mc Donalds for our breakfast, hehe. Thanks to RunningAtom who bought our breakfast that morning. :D

at the bus with minnierunner

Before the gun start for 10k category, I told to myself that I will conquer the road this time but I was surprised that we (MinnieRunner and I) have to traverse hills and steep slope courses - another challenging route again for my second 10k run, he he.

conquer the finish line

The route does not tame me. I still run as fast as I could (leaving MinnieRunner behind who wishes to run at her own pace). Anyway, I still manage to talk with the runners I got to pace with along the 10K race route. I even got acquainted with a runner from adiNation (The Fort) but I forgot to ask his name. Also, whenever I would see MinnieRunner at a turnaround, I smile at the camera, he he.


going to the finish line

Running mates on Ondoy Run for a cause at Thunderbird Resort

I finished the race at 1:06:39 (from the official result race). Once more, this had been a fulfilling race for me. Something that I did not expect I could do. Only, similar to UPLB Run, I ended with slightly injured knees. Nonetheless, I still wanted to continue running. Burp!

3 comments:

MinnieRunner said...

Tuwing pipicturean kita, ayaw mapindot nung camera, ha ha. Kaya ang mga kuha mo, puro paalis ka na. May balat ka talaga :P

Mamimiss mo 'to, :P

*Bon Voyage Chad*

BurpRunner said...

hahaha ang bagal mo kasi kumuha..ayan puros patalikod at patagalid mga kuha ko hehe..

thx thx..

pagabalik ko mag 21k na tau hehe

MinnieRunner said...

Hindi, may balat ka lang talaga, ha ha ha..

Sabi mo last time mag-15K lang tayo, ngaun gusto mo na ng pikermi? BOOOO, hahaha.. Sige sige pero dapat walang iwanan :P